This past year, I’ve been experimenting with essential oils–specifically Spark Naturals oils. Have you tried essential oils? You can do ANYTHING with them. Clean, cook, cure, calm…the list goes on and on.
I started with the essential 4-pack which is lavender, lemon, melaleuca (tea tree oil), and peppermint–these seem to be among the most popular and versatile. Since then, I have added bergamot, wild orange, grapefruit and intend to purchase eucalyptus, birch, oregano, and a special blend for anxiety and ADHD called Jeddy’s Blend.
Honestly, I love these oils. While, I’m researching and learning about new uses every day, here are some of my favorites:
- Lavender: mixed with: water for a pillow mist, vinegar for cleaning, coconut oil for a soothing nighttime massage.
- Lemon: in water, streaked through hair for natural highlights, cooking
- Peppermint: rubbed under nose for congestion, mixed with coconut oil for a soothing sinus massage and also for oil pulling, in tea and/or hot cocoa
- Melaleuca: on rashes, blemishes or other skin irritations
- Wild Orange: in water as a natural diuretic, in cooking and smoothies, mixed with coconut oil for a fresh moisturizer, mixed with vinegar to clean and leave a fresh citrus scent behind.
- Bergamot: rubbed on tummy to relieve gas/bloating and chest to relieve anxiety, mixed with coconut oil (and wild orange) for a delightful body lotion
- Grapefruit: I just got this one and have only diffused it so far, but it smells fresh and citrusy
- Also, I have naturally wavy/frizzy hair, and a couple drops of whatever oil is on my sink top calms the frizz and makes my hair smell wonderful
Researching can be really overwhelming, and there is a TON of useful information about essential oils, so take it slow. The starter pack was great because it allowed me to experiment with the oils and learn without getting overwhelmed. My friend shared that she had been researching using eucalyptus oil with her daughter’s nebulizer instead of steroids. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Do you use essential oils? I’d love to hear your experience!
*This is purely my opinion. Spark Naturals did NOT compensate me in any way for this post, and I have no affiliation with them other than using their oils and following a blog about them and other natural wellness remedies.